Tulips in Holland
Mark your calendars for the Tulip Time Festival from May 4 to 11, 2013. We give you a rundown of activities to one of the top 20 events in the world, as named by the International Festival and Events Association.
Music and Variety
* Barbershop Harmony on Parade - talented barbershop quartets march around, plus the wonderful singing of the Holland Windmill Chorus.
* Belles - a comedy play about six sisters from Memphis who are scattered all over the country.
* Doug Daniel Tribute Show – a show featuring full of variety of songs for all ages featuring the number one hits of over 35 different artists.
* Dutch Heritage Show – a one-of-a-kind show portraying provincial life in Holland.
* The Pak Ridge Boys - with over 30 million records sold, Oak Ridge Boys will have you singing along.
* Tulip Time Salute – featuring the young performers from four area high schools playing a musical collage.
* Meijer Midway Carnival at the Civic Centre Parking Lot from 4 to 13 May
* Meijer Children’s Midway Carnival at the Kollen Park from 9 to 12 May
* Art and Craft Fair – from exhibitions and Dutch Dance performances to sightseeing on a guided tour.
* Bier Tuin - late afternoons or evenings refreshment featuring Holland brews and wine.
* Dutch Marktplaats – discover the tastes, sights, crafts and beyond of 19th Century Holland.
* Flower Arrangement Class - make your own flower arrangement with Eastern Floral Master Designers.
* Kinderplaats - musical entertainment, arts, crafts, animals, Dutch Dancing, inflatables and food – this is a children's carnival for children of all ages
* Let There Be Music – nights of song & dance extravaganza.
* New Odyssey Dinner Concert - outstanding performance which will feature Classic Rock, Country, novelty and specialty arrangements.
* Taste of Holland Breakfast and Lunch - culturally enlightening breakfast and the history of Dutch cooking.
On the whole, a lot more of interesting activities await you in Holland!